Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Thing #2, Create a Blog, Add a Post and Create an Avatar

I decided to use the title "John Collins Teaching Blog" because it was simple and to the point. I also wanted to use my actual full name and my future profession to identify myself and introduce myself to the World Wide Web.

I had a little trouble creating the blog. I used the default blog landscape and when it was time to post my avatar I ran into problems. It wasn't until a fellow classmate suggested I try a different landscape that my avatar finally posted. I plan on experimenting with my blog until I get a comfortable feeling with how it is presented on the web.

I would say my avatar does reflect my personality, although we are limited on the number of changes we can make to the design and appearance of our avatar. I am wearing a camo shirt to reflect my 20 years in the US Army and I decided to go bald since I usually shave my head. I wanted to pick an avatar that resembles me so when I get visitors to my blog page they can already have a connection with who I am.

Thanks for reading,
John P Collins

1 comment:

  1. Also, if you'd like I can help you play around with it, as im sure you will be able to find a layout that fits your style.

    ReplyDelete

Mr. Collins Avatar