Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Thing #8, Flickr Mashups










Flickr Mashups are a fun way to spell out certain words. This is something teachers can use so they don't use the same old boring "Times New Roman" font size 12. This catches the eye and adds "flair" to your blog. Students could easily be taught how to use this so when they start a blog or comment to your blog they add a little "pizzaz" to it. This tool also allows the students to "freedom" to "identify" / "personalize" their blog or project they are doing. Gives them a sense of expression.

http://metaatem.net/words/ is the website I used to perform this task. This "Spell with Flickr" website allows you to type in your word into a text box and hit enter. You can then click on each individual letter to change it if you don't like the pattern it gives you. I had some troubles using the source code so I did a work around. I right clicked on each letter, saved picture as JPG to my desktop, then uploaded them to my blog page. As you can see I have yet to conquer how to place the letters horizontally, but I am working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr. Collins Avatar